Friday, January 4, 2013

Sample Letter of Comfort: Baby's Death


Dear Heart,

Since I heard the news I have continued to pray for you.

Hopefully, this letter will comfort you during this time. Tragedies in life seem unbearable, but the God of all comfort is in arm's reach through so many who care about you and are willing to help you through this crisis. With His help we will walk with you through this grieving process. 

My greatest concern at this time is the proper channeling of your grief.  I pray that you don't become bitter and blame God for the death of your baby. In my many years of experiencing God, I can promise He will not lay burdens upon His children that will overload them to point of no return. He is the giver of life and has given your baby girl life everlasting. No, we don't always understand why things such as this happen, but I promise you if you reach out to Jesus in honest expression of your feelings, He will help you through this painful experience.

I have enclosed a magazine article that I hope will assist in your healing process.  Know that I'm here for you during this time.  We are praying for you.

In sympathy,

From my heart,
 

See Intro Page: Letters of Comfort

No comments:

Post a Comment